Last Updated: March 15, 2017
For myself, others who didn’t attend, and those wishing to review I wanted to put together a list of presentations & announcements that happened at/during React Conf 2017, as it pertains to React Native.
- Snack — A Playground for React Native — This is like CodePen or JSFiddle for React Native. It replaces React Native Playground and I have to say the experience I had while testing was incredible. Great way to share issues/demos.
- Better List Views for React Native — The existing ListView can have some performance issues. The new implementations improve performance while simplifying the API. This will be coming out in the next release of React Native (0.43).
- Create React Native App — Much like Create React App, Create React Native App makes it incredibly easy to create a new React Native app. It was built by Facebook and Expo and uses Expo under the hood meaning you don’t have to worry about Xcode or Android Studio. If/when you outgrow CRNA you’re able to “eject” the app and have a normal React Native app.
Below are talks (links start at the beginning of the talk) related to React Native. There may be other talks that also had React Native topics that I missed. You can watch the full stream for Day 1 or Day 2.
- React Native in the “Brown Field” by Leland Richardson
- Moving Beyond Animations to User Interactions at 60 FPS in React Native by Tal Kol
- Cross-Platform Data Visualization with React and React Native by Peggy Rayzis
- Create React Native App: 5 Minutes to “Hello, World!” by Adam Perry
Did I miss something? Let me know!